MATUNGA-MUMBAI, FEBRUARY 26, 2013: The North Mumbai Deanery (East) held its third <![if !vml]><![endif]>'Recollection' for the Catechists from the Sunday Schools and Regular Schools on February 24,2013 at Don Bosco Youth Services, AV Hall, Matunga, from 5.00 pm to 8.00 pm. In all, twenty were present for the recollection.
The evening began with a prayer that incorporated a reading from Acts 1: 8: "You shall be my witnesses to the ends of the earth." Fr. Wilfred D'Souza welcomed the catechists, and was also the Animator for the input session of the Recollection. He conducted an enriching session by focusing on the recent Synod propositions on "Transmission of the Faith through New Evangelization". His talk highlighted the obligation of every Catholic to be evangelized so as to then go out and evangelize. This was done through highlighting the following reflections:
01) THE PRAYERFUL READING OF SACRED SCRIPTURE Proposition 11
02) CONVERSION Proposition 22
03) HOLINESS AND THE NEW EVANGELIZERS Proposition 23
04) CATECHESIS, CATECHISTS AND THE CATECHISM Proposition 29
05) SUNDAYS AND FEAST DAYS Proposition 34
06) LITURGY Proposition 35
07) SPIRITUAL DIMENSION OF THE NEW EVANGELIZATION Proposition 36
08) PARISHES AND OTHER ECCLESIAL REALITIES Proposition 26
09) WITNESSING IN A SECULARIZED WORLD Proposition 8
10) THE ROLE OF THE LAY FAITHFUL Proposition 45
11) FORMATION FOR EVANGELIZERS Proposition 45
12) THE CHRISTIAN FAMILY Proposition 48
13) YOUTH AND THE NEW EVANGELIZATION Proposition 51
14) THE TRANSMISSION OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH Proposition 57
15) CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME Proposition 13
A meaningful prayer service was then conducted by Lloyd Nunes, a Team coordinator. He focused on the Passion of Our Lord, and Reflections on the Lenten season, using power point presentations.
All the teachers who attended the recollection felt encouraged and supported.
The evening came to an end with delicious snacks being served.