BIS #4502 CELEBRATING PARENTS

by BIS Correspondent

 

NASHIK, JULY 28, 2015: "Your arms were always open when I needed a hug. You care for me, you support me. I cannot explain it in words. I love you both so much."

"You have seen me laughing, you have seen me crying and always you were there with me, I may not have always said it, but thanks and I love you."

 

These were the sentiments of the children of Don Bosco Church, Nashik towards their parents, as they celebrated the feast day of Saints Joachim and Anne, the parents of Our Blessed Mother Mary.  

 

At the Eucharist, the children and parents expressed their remorse for not giving due importance to the holy mass and begged God's pardon. The celebrant Father Ivan Rodrigues highlighted the vocation to parenthood and to raise children up, in the gospel values. 
 

A programme for parents with music and entertainment followed.

 

Parents day was also celebrated in Saint Dominic Savio Church, Satpur where the main altar was decorated with the words 'Lord bless our parents.' Presided over by Father Anthony Goyal and animated by the youth, the parents cherished every moment of the holy Eucharist praising God for all his blessings. 

 

In his homily, Father Goyal drew the attention of the parents towards the example of Saints Joachim and Anne, who raised their daughter Mary by observing the precepts of the Lord. 

 

A cultural programme followed. Roses were given to each parent as a token of love and gratitude.