BIS #5111 QUIZ WHIZ

by Libby Sequeira

 

KUWAIT, MAY 25, 2017: Team Saint Luke mastered the Holy Scriptures, by bagging top honours in the inaugural edition of the Mega Bible Quiz organised by the Catechism Ministry at Don Bosco School in Salmiya on May 19.

 

Forty-four children qualified for the final round and they were divided into four colour-coordinated groups - Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John for the final. Contestants – ranging from standard one to eleven - spent months preparing for the quiz, under the tutorship of two catechist per team.

 

Libby Sequeira, the host, and Quizmasters Peter Rodrigues and Mark Roberts kept the contestants thinking with gripping commentaries and host of Bible-related trivia. 


Father Blany Pinto, parish priest, Father Franco Pereira, catechetical director, Father Johnson Nedumpurath, assistant parish priest and Father Derrick Misquitta, director of IEAS School were present to encourage the contestants.

 

"The Bible Quiz experience was a unique and beautiful one.  It helped me not only gain knowledge through the help of my catechist, but also in understanding the power of learning and sharing the scriptures with a group like a family," Adela Marylou Morais, from the winning team, said.

 

Jennifer Serrao, from team Saint Mark - who were the first runner-up- said, "It was a very nice experience; I learned many things like teamwork, leadership and above all having a deeper understanding of the Bible." Saint Matthew and Saint John claimed third and fourth place respectively.  While the winners took home the winning cups, all received certificates and medals confirming that they were all winners. 

 

Myra D'souza, a core member of the catechism ministry said, "I came to cheer my team Saint Mark but like everyone else present cheered all the teams. My team won second place but everyone went home a winner."

Rodrigues added, "At first I doubted whether I will be able to do it, but later I believed that Jesus is with me to make this Mega Bible Quiz a success."

 

Vincent Rego, a catechist who helped prepare the children for the final day said, "I felt blessed and privileged to be with our children who were like angels and through them, I could come closer to God."