BIS #5114 KEEP YOUR DEVOTION STRONG TOWARDS MARY

by Oswald Aranha

 

KUWAIT, MAY 27, 2017: A concelebrated festive mass of Mary help of Christians was celebrated at St. Therese of the Child Jesus, Kuwait by Salesian priests. Father Derek Misquitta, the newly appointed rector of the Salesian community, was the main celebrant for the holy Mass. The feast of Mary Help of Christians is very important all over the world since the Salesians take their vows on this day. 

 

"Keep your devotion strong towards Mary and you will experience miracles in your life," was the central message conveyed by Father Misquitta as he quoted Don Bosco. In his homily, Father Blany Pinto, the parish priest explained how Mary Help of Christians feast came to be celebrated on 24 May. 


He made all aware of the importance of Marian devotion in the life of Don Bosco and invited all to pray and grow in their devotion to Mary. Immediately, after the homily one of the aspirants Silvia Gracias, took her promise as a Salesian Cooperator. This was followed by the renewal of the promises by the existing Salesian Cooperators. The Holy Mass concluded with a special blessing of Mary help of Christians. 

 

During the fellowship that followed, Gracias said, "As I took my promise I was ecstatic. I felt proud to be called to this vocation as a full-fledged member of the Salesian family. I asked God for the charism that I need to carry on the mission for the youth entrusted to me. I prayed that I may burn with the same zeal which Don Bosco had and I desired Mother Mary to be my guiding star." 


"I am greatly inspired by Silvia's contribution as a Salesian Cooperator. I look forward to following her footsteps as she is my role model. After all, it is she who introduced me to the Salesian Cooperators," Rositta Lawrence, an aspirant said. 

 

Sheetal Fernandes, the secretary of the Salesian Cooperators, who renewed her promise said, "When Father Derek Misquitta mentioned that he still keeps the image of Mary, though faded and broken it is; and Father Blany Pinto invited us to keep Mary close to our heart, I resolved to keep her always close to me no matter what I face in life."